RENOVATION AND REFURBISHMENTOF THE MUSEUM
The historical museum house was built in the years 1767–1769 as a clerical two-storied house. The clerical house was converted into a museum in the first half of the 1920s, and it serves as a publically
funded cultural center of Bílovec. The museum building, which was declared a cultural monument in 1958, underwent slow structural devastation caused by excessive moisture and the effects of dry rot in the past decades. In 2007, it was decided to renovate and refurbish the building. In 2011–2014, the building was extensively renovated, including the installation of a new exhibition. The Information Centre was moved to the ground floor from the Town Hall in the Slezské Square. The overall recovery of the museum, which took place in conjunction with the Muzeum Novojičínska from November 2011 to August 2014, was made possible by a European subsidy. It consisted mainly in complete renovation of the building and refurbishing of the exposition, which brought new layout and exhibits documenting the history of Bílovec, its textile production, castle and estate administration, including production of the most important factory in Bílovec, Massag (previously Salcher). The Bílovec Museum Renovation Project was supported by the Regional Operational Programme NUTS II Moravskoslezsko 2007–13.